Help achieve New Zealand's productivity potential by joining the Productivity Commission team.
See below for our current job vacancies.
Principal/Senior Researcher - Economics & Research
We are looking for an experienced principal/senior researcher for a position within our Economics and Research team. You need to have extensive knowledge of and experience with a range of quantitative research and/or evaluation approaches and methodologies. You would have empirical skills and experience with using large linked administrative datasets, such as the Integrated Data Infrastructure (IDI) or the Longitudinal Business Database (LBD). You should have a postgraduate qualification in economics.
The role offers an opportunity to:
- help shape an independent research programme relating to major issues impacting on the wellbeing of New Zealanders;
- provide input to and influence our inquiries;
- work closely with Commissioners and other leaders in academia, government and business;
- build a strong publication record;
- work in a collegial environment that values new ideas and ways of thinking; and
- work with leaders that will mentor your career and provide opportunities for growth.
The quality of our people is critical to our success. Our people have stellar research, analysis and writing skills, and can turn high-quality analysis into influential policy advice. In turn, we offer an intellectually stimulating, supportive and family friendly workplace.
If you are looking for an opportunity to influence and raise the quality of public debate and policy about the things that matter to New Zealanders, please send a CV and an expression of interest addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com. Applications close 6 September 2019.
Find out more by downloading the job description below. Or for further information feel free to contact our Director of Economics and Research Patrick Nolan on 04 903 5172.